Thursday, May 11, 2023

NFL FREE AGENCY SHOULD BE A TELEVISED EVENT

 Written By:  Lamont Mann

If you would have told me went years ago, The NFL Combine or Schedule Release would be a huge televised event, I would have thought you were crazy.

The NFL is a cash cow and they can make money from anything.  I am still baffled by how huge the NFL's schedule release is.  For the most part, the NFL is organized in a way that we know 16 of the 17 teams your team will play. 

A few weeks ago, I was thinking "if something as mundane as schedule release could capture eyes, imagine if the NFL televised Free Agency".

Naturally, some will push back and say it can't be done.  They are wrong, it absolutely could be done.  I believe it can be set up like National College Signing Day.

Have the top Free Agents appear at NFL studio.  Have their family and friends in the audience.  Put them on a dais platform with the contracts in front of them.  When it's their time to select the team, they simply reveal the contract.

The revelation of team could have different variations;  it could be done via contract, caps, jerseys, etc.

As previously stated, I know people will say nawl but we have seen the NFL monetized just about everything.  If the NFL can draw eyes from a schedule release, I am sure they can monetize Free Agency.

No comments:

Post a Comment