Saturday, February 18, 2023

The Eric Bieniemy’s of Houston Sports Talk Radio

The Eric Bieniemy’s of Houston Sports Talk Radio 


Eric Bieniemy is the former Kansas City Chief’s offensive coordinator who was recently hired as the Washington Commander’s Offensive Coordinator. People who are versed in the NFL know it’s abnormal for lateral moves. Typically, you do not see a coach leave an organization in a position for the same position in another organization.


It’s believed, Eric made this move because he was under the umbrella of Andy Reid and Andy was really running the offense. During this dynastic run of the Kansas City Chiefs, fans assumed that Eric should be in line for head coaching job. Eric has interviewed multiple times for head coaching jobs but never landed. There are many speculations of why Eric is not a head coach but we do not know. As fans, we are left with, why!


Eric’s situation made me think about Houston Sports Talk. Why are some of these social media personalities are not in a full-time roll and they seem to have more information than on air personalities. Some of these people I am about to mention either write for publications, blog, podcast or even guest show on radio shows.


I know some of these folks’ situation, I still wonder why they are not on air in Houston.

  • Jayson Braddock
  • My late friend Craig Shelton
  • Mannifresh
  • Jermaine
  • Big Sarge
  • Stephanie Stradley
  • Texans Cap
  • Brandon Scott


I am not trying to shit on current on-air hosts but it’s bizarre seeing all of the same guys being recycled in Houston Sports talk. These are the same on-air personalities who crush professional sport's hiring practices.


I know for a fact the people I listed have other obligations that would prevent them from doing radio but I also know there are others who wants to eat.


Craig is deceased, Mannifresh, that’s a throw up, Jermaine would definitely love to be on-air, Stephanie is an attorney, I am sure Jayson wouldn’t mind returning to radio. I am not too familiar with Texans Cap set up but the radio uses him as a resource and most definitely Brandon Scott would love to be in radio, that’s his craft.


I am left wondering “why are these people not on air”.

Personally I believe, Sarge, Brandon and Jermaine. should be on the air but unfortunately, they did not play in the NBA, NFL or MLB. It's not even that I agree with them because sometimes I truly don't but I see the grind.

Lamont Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment