Thursday, February 23, 2023

HOUSTON'S SPORTS RATINGS, THE TALLEST MIDGET

HOUSTON'S SPORTS RATINGS

Lamont Mann



Today I was driving home from work and listening to ESPN 97.5 Wheelhouse.  I am use to local shows pretty much going to commercial break at the same time but for some reason, when the Wheelhouse go to commercials, typically Sports Radio 610's The Drive with Stoerner and Hughley usually goes for about the minutes. It works out perfect for me because when I switch over to 610 and listen to them speak,  the Wheelhouse is coming back on air.

As I was listening to the Drive, Hughley made a comment about ratings in the 5 O'Oclock.  Hughley said Sports Radio 610  has the best ratings in the Morning, Mid Day and Afternoon Drive shows.   Although he is not lying but it's not the whole story.

In Houston Sports Radio right now, beating your chest about being Number 1 in ratings is like bragging about being the corn kernel in a pile of shit.

Currently,  sports radio ratings in Houston is straight trash homie.  Houston is the 6th largest media market, if you were to compare them to their peers in the various markets,   this city is a joke.  I have been in this city when all the stations were pulling 4s and 5s; now if you see a show pulling a 2, I'd be surprise.

The Sports Ratings in Houston right now is total crap and it's really nothing to beat your chest about.  I listen to all of the shows and I would enjoy it more if you are bragging more about being number one when the market is performing on a large media market level.  

From the numbers I see,  Houston looks like a small city.


No comments:

Post a Comment