Friday, June 7, 2024

LANDRY LOCKER OUT AT 610

 LANDRY LOCKER OUT AT 610

Written By: LM:



Of the Sports Radio 610 Hosts, Landry Locker was my favorite personality.   Landry is younger than me so I viewed him  as a young whipper snapper but in reality, Landry is old too.

Landry was the one on-air Sports Radio 610 personality that could bridge current pop culture to sports.  I was listening to Seth and Sean's morning show and they couldn't even comprehend Million Dollar Worth of Game.  He's a hood ass white boy from the D,   he is Texas and knew what was going on.  Landry Locker made John Lopez more palatable for fans who thought this guy is a fraud.   Landry and his producer Figgy Fig would bounce ideas off of each other.   It was literally one of the best shows on Sports Radio 610.

Without Landry, I am not sure how Sports Radio 610 remains relevant with black people. This sounds worse than what it is because Sports Radio 610 has a black On Air talent in Ron Hugheley  but that guy is meh.

I am not going to act like me and Landry were boys,  I disagreed with some of his shits.  He came off  as "too cool for school"  but he stood on his points.  I like that!.   

Landry is the one personality that forced me to stop generalizing a whole station based upon what one person said.  

Landry hated the generalizing shit.   In other words,  if Seth or Clint made a comment,  and someone came out and said 610 said that.  L:andry hated that shit.   It was a valid point and made me stop umbrellaing a whole station based upon what one person said.

I do not know what went down with Landry and 610 but Landry is a middle age man approaching forty years of age with a young baby.  Not cool to be out of employment.

I hope he lands but lets stop the bullshit,  he will either be at Sports Talk 790 or ESPN 97.5 by the first NFL Football game.

No comments:

Post a Comment